Why has CORGI ended?

There was a report on gas safety in 2006 by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The conclusion of which was that the then current CORGI scheme needed to be updated giving a stronger focus on gas safety. As a plumber Huddersfield I think Kirklees will benefit from this. It recommended simplifying the registration of gas engineers and changing and updating the competence requirements without losing anything on either the service or the safety standards front.

What is Gas Safe?

The Gas Safe mark is the new benchmark for gas safety in England, Scotland, Wales and the Isle of Man.

All qualified engineers must be registered with Gas Safe to work legally. This includes any plumber Holmfirth has.

This ensures you have a competent and above all safe gas engineer.

Why should I use a Gas Safe engineer?

Safety!!! Anyone not on the register is not legally qualified to work on gas appliances.

Your buildings and contents insurance will not cover you if you use an unregistered engineer.

Saving a few pounds is not worth putting the safety of your home, belongings and family at risk.

How do I check my plumber Huddersfield engineer is on the Gas Safe Register?

We carry identity cards with the Gas Safe logo on and our registration number. You can call gas safe on 0800 408 5500 if you have any doubt or use the Gas Safe website.